Belknap County is regularly seeking new employees looking to work in a professional organization designed to maintain public safety by providing for the care, custody and control of incarcerated individuals. The Belknap County Department of Corrections is an opportunity for anyone seeking to work in an ever changing environment as part of a team-orientated profession. Corrections work requires integrity, attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions. Some of the job requirements include:
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Have a valid driver's license
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a medical and psychological examination
- Ability to pass a physical fitness test
- Submit to a criminal history check
- Pass a background examination
- Pass the NH Association of Counties Corrections Academy
The Belknap County Human Resources department provides additional information regarding current employee benefits, position vacancies along with access to job application forms. Belknap County is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our Human Resources page for Current Job Openings or the County employment application.